- Sameh Hamdi, my uncle who patiently taught me theory and practice in photography and who made sure that one day, while still in my teens I was able to confidently begin setting exposure manually without using a light meter, and thus set me on my way.
- Baher Hamdi, my uncle who among other things gifted my mother an Olympus Pen Camera in the 1970’s, thus marking the beginning of an era, which inexorably connected me to Olympus Cameras while freeing me to photograph.
- Henri Cartier Bresson, who deserves special mention for infecting so many of us with the thirst for street photography and photographing the human condition – I still have a long way to go.
- The great photographers including Robert Capa, Ansel Adams, and many others who are worthy of admiration and are a source of inspiration.
- The 35mm format.
- Kodak, Ilford, Fuji, and Polaroid. What can I say about them that isn’t already legend?
- Leica, Olympus, Sony, Fuji, Sigma and Ricoh/Pentax for daring to be different and continuing to push the envelope.
- Steve of http://www.stevehuffphoto.com who is a source of inspiration, a significant contributor to the photography community and who singlehandedly caused me to pick up the Leica M9 and several Leica lenses which I have come to bond with so much over the past few years. I also appreciate his friends and guest posters such as Ashwin Rao and Seal, very able photographers in their own right and fellow Leica aficionados.
- Peter of http://www.prosophos.com for inspiration, for leading me to http://www.wordpress.com and ending my search for a purer and simple presentation style for my photos which this site represents, instead of the prior mish-mash of pictures I ended up hiding in some dark confines of the web.
- Learning and experience sharing resources such as: http://www.adammarelliphoto.com , http://www.overgaard.dk/thorsten-overgaard-photography-lounge.html , http://www.diglloyd.com , http://www.luminous-landscape.com , http://www.mingthein.com
God Almighty without whom there is unlimited nothingness (the world wide web doesn’t have enough space to host the gratitude I feel for what He has given me), his prophets and their great humanity, the exceptional human being my mother was and always will be, my dear father, my dear sister, my beautiful wife and my amazing children, my extended family, all my friends who are real brothers and sisters, Egypt and The United Arab Emirates; both together are my homeland. I appreciate you so much!